You are looking for a peak August summer holiday but nothing is affordable? Prices definitely are higher than usual, so you have to spend more than in, say October, but the deal I found on ebookers.ie is a great offer considering the time!
Fly from Dublin to Barcelona, and no, it’s not going to be a city break, however since the Catalan capital is only 30km away you can surely use is as a day’s trip. So once you arrive at the airport you just have to take two trains to get to Mataro, where your hotel is located. Mataro is a very nice town at the Costa Brava and you will be situated right at the port. A wonderful ambience is guaranteed! The 4-star Hotel Atenea Port Barcelona was rated with 90% by its guests on Tripadvisor and even got a Certificate of Excellence. It is super modern and has a cool style to it! You reach the centre of the town within 10 minutes by foot and the beach is also close-by.
The apartments are perfectly equipped for self catering, with a kitchen, bedroom, living room and bathroom. You can spend lazy days in the sun at the beach or relax at the hotel’s pool in the beautiful garden. If you like to treat yourself to something special, then try out the spa area. There you find a dynamic swimming pool, steam bath, a mist shower and of course a massage and fitness section. During the warm summer’s nights you can listen to authentic Spanish music and watch the live entertainment at the hotel. Or you decide to visit one of the many harbour restaurants and chill out with a nice glass of with and delicious Catalan cuisine. Lovely!
- Costa Brava: 6 Nights incl. 4* Hotel and Flights for only €449
- Travel period: 15/08/2014 – 21/08/2014
- Travel duration: 6 nights
- Air temperature during stay: 25ºC
- Water temperature during stay: 26ºC
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Barcelona
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Atenea Port Barcelona
- Rating: 90% on TripAdvisor out of 146 reviews + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Mataro
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer: train to Barcelona Sants, train to Mataro (€9, 1hr 15 mins)
- Price: only €449 per person based on two adults sharing