There’s just so much to see and do during any Cologne city break – and that’s why I’m convinced this is one of the best places to visit in Germany!
Cologne City Break
With fantastic nightlife, music venues, museums and a lovely Old Town, Cologne has got it all! I’ve been looking around on Trivago and Skyscanner and managed to put together an excellent city break that promises plenty of style yet doesn’t break the bank!
First of all your return flights from Dublin to Cologne-Bonn Airport are included. It’s super easy to get to the city from there, especially since you’re in a really fantastic location! Just 15 minutes away by foot from the iconic cathedral is your hotel, the Art Otel Cologne. With incredible modern design, free breakfast and a lovely location in the modern Rheinau Docklands, it’s the perfect place for a classy time. Oh, and the Chocolate Museum is opposite…
The cathedral is absolutely huge, and there’s nothing better than wandering the narrow streets of the old town and popping into a traditional German restaurant such as XII Apostel Köln. Order a hearty Schnitzel and get yourselves a proper stein of local beer at Früh am Dom before walking it all off at along the river promenade.
It’s the perfect place to sample that proper experience, yet modern enough that no two visits will ever be the same – there’s always something going on! To book your city break, simply click the links below to book your hotel and flights seperately. :)
- Cologne City Break: 3 Nights in Stylish 4* Hotel with Sauna incl. Flights & Breakfast only €139
- Travel period: 01/03/2017 – 04/03/2017
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Cologne-Bonn Airport
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Art Otel Cologne
- Rating: 80/100 on Trivago
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €139 per person based on two adults sharing