The amazing nightlife and live music mean that you’re gonna have a blast with this classy Cologne getaway!
Classy Cologne Getaway
This deal I spotted on Expedia comes with your return flights from Dublin to Cologne-Bonn, and you’ve also got 3 nights at the 4* Hotel Lyskirchen. It’s located in the south of the old town, so you’ve got the best of what this city has to offer right on your doorstep.
A lot of the nightlife revolves around the Old Town and clubs will play everything from traditional German Schlager music (think cheesy, European pop) to more modern genres. There are a couple of Irish pubs such as the Jameson Distillery Pub and the Corkonian. But one of my favourite bars in Cologne is the Papa Joe’s Klimperkasten – granted it’s a little crowded most of the time, but the cosy atmosphere and crowds of singing Germans more than makeup for it!
Plus if you’re feeling rough in the morning then you can always go for a walk and discover the historic sights. Stroll along the river promenade, check out the cosy corners and cafés hidden down all the cobbled streets and marvel at the size of Cologne Cathedral!
- Classy Cologne Getaway: 3 Nights in the Heart of the City in a 4* Hotel incl. Flights just €189
- Travel period: 02/02/2018 – 05/02/2018
- Length of stay: 3 Nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Cologne-Bonn Airport
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Lyskirchen
- Rating: 4 out of 5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Old town (south)
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Price: only €189 per person based on two adults sharing