I don’t know about you but I am so over this heat! All I can think about is Christmas and how much I am looking forward to how cool it’s going to be then. If I’m thinking Christmas, you can bet I’m thinking Christmas markets! So why not join me in living the chill life with this fabulous Christmas Market double city break I’ve put together! You get two cities, two countries, and two markets to experience. I can’t imagine anything better in the lead up to Christmas!
Christmas Market Double City Break
Your trip starts with your flights from Dublin to Munich. From here you will travel to Salzburg, which is two hours away by train. I’ve found you a lovely AirBnB to stay in for your two night stay in the Austrian city. There’s not too far to travel to, as the apartment is super close to the main station. Perfect base for seeing the Christmas Markets! They’re held in Mirabell Square, which is about a 10 minute walk, or five minutes on a tram.
After two days in Salzburg, it’s time to hop back on that train and head for Munich! You’ll spend three nights here, and again you will stay in a very cute little AirBnB in great reach of the city. You’re just 10 minutes by bus away from all the excitement of the city, and this is definitely a city of excitement. There’s a couple of coffee shops and restaurants within walking distance of the apartment, but you really need to save some space! The Munich beer scene is hopping (geddit) and all the delicious food at the market is well worth sampling. The market is in Marienplatz in the centre of the city, and you simply can’t miss it!
Sounds totally tempting, right? Get booking with the links below!
- Christmas Markets in Salzburg and Munich: 5 Night Stay in Cosy AirBnBs in each city with Return Flights to Munich €322
- Provider: AirBnB and Flight Finder
- Travel period: 10/12/2018 – 15/12/2018
- Length of stay: 5 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Destination airport: Munich
- Airline: Ryanair
- Accommodation in Salzburg: entire flat
- Score: 4/5 on AirBnB
- Accommodation in Munich: private room
- Score: 5/5 on AirBnB
- Meals: rooms only
- Airport transfer: not included
- Transfer between Munich and Salzburg not included
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €322 based on one adult