The classically beautiful city centre and the stunning mountain backdrops make Salzburg an absolute delight to explore!
Cheap City Break to Salzburg
Feel like you’ve stumbled into an old-school musical with this lovely little city break deal to Salzburg I put together using Trivago and my Flight Finder. You’ll be flying to Munich with this deal, but don’t worry – there are loads of trains that run between the two cities and it takes around 1 hour and 40 minutes, so the journey really is a piece of cake! Plus the train ride is a perfect introduction to Austria as you’ll be able to watch the gorgeous mountain scenery from the window.
You’ll be staying at the Meininger Hotel Salzburg, which puts you in the perfect location for exploring the city. The Old Town is pretty much just up the road, and you’ve got the gorgeous Kapuzinerberg Park at your doorstep where you’ll be able to enjoy lush views of the city. Perfect photo opportunity!
Everywhere you go you’ll be able to sense the sheer amount of culture here. You’ll be able to learn about the life of the famed composer Mozart at the house where he was born, or you can attend one of the many classical concerts that take place at venues around the city. For an extra special experience, I recommend taking a look at the Dinner & Fortress Concerts that take place at the gorgeous Hohensalzburg Fortress. Unforgettable stuff!
To book this deal, simply use the two links below to book your accommodation and flights, using the screenshots as a guide. :)
Example departure dates:
- 01/04/2019 – 04/04/2019: €161
- 03/04/2019 – 06/04/2019: €160
- 06/05/2019 – 09/05/2019: €171
- 13/05/2019 – 16/05/2019: €178
- Cheap City Break to Salzburg: 3 Nights in Well-Rated Hotel incl. Return Flights from only €160pp
- Provider: Trivago + Flight Finder
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Munich
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Meininger Salzburg City Center
- Rating: 4/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included (trains from Munich to Salzburg take around 1hr 40mins)
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Price: from only €160 per person based on two adults sharing