When most people travel to Romania, they tend to skip the capital city in favour of Transylvania. However, this gorgeous and historical city has lots to offer: 17th century architecture, trendy cafes, lush parks, nightlife and a gargantuan Palace of Parliament you have to see to believe! So, if you’re curious about this Eastern European capital, I found a deal for a charming Bucharest break in September using Airbnb and my Flight Finder tool.
Charming Bucharest Break
With this smart deal, you’ll be staying in the heart of the Old Town, in a private one-bedroom flat. Host Andrea’s Airbnb flat has rave reviews and a Superhost for its cleanliness and location. The Old Town and main city attractions are a short stroll away.
Bucharest is a city that saw a lot of reconstruction following World War II and the Communist era, but the the charming Old Town remains. Here, you can walk along Str Franceza where you will find the remains of the Old Princely Court and learn the story of a young ruler, Vlad Tepes (AKA Vlad the Impaler AKA Dracula). The 2nd century Trajan’s Column from the Roman Empire can be found in the National History Museum. The famous and grandiose Palace of Parliament is worth a visit as is the serene Cismigiu Garden.
If you want to take a chance on Romanian cuisine, then try 19th-century beerhouse Caru cu Bere, or grab Turkish kebab and hummus at Divan.
- Relaxing Bucharest Break: 4 Nights in Old Town Apartment Incl Direct Flights just €159pp
- Travel period: 24/09/2018 – 28/09/2018
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Bucharest, Romania
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Airbnb
- Rating: 5 out of 5 stars on Airbnb + Superhost rating
- Location: Old Town, Bucharest
- Board basis: Self catering
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Check out Prices Here
- Price: only €159 per person based on two adults sharing