France is filled with incredibly charming places. Carcassonne is definitely one of them! Its Medieval walled city is absolutely breathtaking and it really is like taking a little step back in time. Walking down the winding cobblestone streets and admiring the pretty little houses – it’s fair to say that you’re going to have the socks charmed off you!
Budget Carcassonne City Break Deal
I put together a budget Carcassonne city break for next February using Hotels.com and Skyscanner, where you’ll be able to enjoy 5 nights in this lovely little destination. You’re situated in the newer part of the town which is bursting with typically French charm and it’s on the other side of the river from the walled cité. Included in this deal are your return flights and your stay at the Hotel Astoria – it may be basic, but it provides fantastic value for money and the hospitality is pretty much unparalleled.
As well as exploring the walled city and scoping out the restaurants and bars of the new town, I really recommend taking a little stroll along the Canal du Midi as it’s all lovely and charming. You can also get some fantastic photographs taken of the fortress skyline from Pont Neuf.
To book this deal, simply click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately.
- Budget Carcassonne City Break Deal: 5 Nights incl. Hotel & Flights only €181
- Travel period: 04/02/2018 – 09/02/2018
- Length of stay: 5 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Carcassonne
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Astoria
- Rating: 4/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Central (La Bastide St. Louis district)
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €181 per person based on two adults sharing