Famed for its incredible walled city, this cute little French town offers the perfect, compact Provençal experience! Grab your better half and whisk yourselves away for a gorgeous little getaway with this fantastic deal for a Carcassonne break!
Granted, Carcassonne certainly on the smaller side, but it only means that its charm is even more concentrated! ;) The real piece de resistance of the city is the so-called Cité de Carcassonne. It’s a walled neighbourhood with beautiful fortifications – I’m talking about proper old-school castle walls and plenty of turrets all along it! And inside the walls you’ll find a neighbourhood so quaint and pretty, you’ll think you’ve stumbled into a fairy tale.
I’ve put this deal using Trivago and Skyscanner, which means that you’ve got your return flights from Dublin included as well as your 2 nights at the superb Hotel Montmorency. It may only be 3 stars, but in actual fact this hotel is a real corker. Modern interiors, a swimming pool and views of the Cité’s venerable spires give it a touch of proper luxury. :)
When you think that you’ve seen enough of the medieval city, then you can always head to the newer half of town, La Bastide Saint-Louis. My tip – definitely make sure your walk takes you along the Pont Neuf bridge – you’ll get lovely views of the castle walls and the pretty park by the river. For an extra bit of romance definitely go for a little cruise down Canal du Midi!
If this sounds like your cup of tea, then just click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately. :)
- Carcassonne Break: 2 Nights in Boutique Hotel with Cité Views incl. Flights only €141
- Travel period: 17/10/2017 – 19/10/2017
- Length of stay: 2
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Carcassonne
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Montmorency
- Rating: 83/100 on Trivago
- Location: Close to medieval Cité de Carcassonne
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €141 per person based on two adults sharing