If you’re looking for a city with plenty of charm and history, then you really can’t go wrong with Bologna!
I found this deal using Trivago and Skyscanner, and it comes with your return flights from Dublin as well as 3 nights at the excellent Il Guercino hotel. It’s located just over a kilometre away from the centre, so it’ll never be too far a walk – rooms are individually designed and decorated too, so you can be sure that it’ll be the perfect place to put your feet up after a spot of sightseeing.
You’ll even have a generous breakfast buffet provided each morning, though of course there’s nothing stopping you from going to an Italian café and soaking up the atmosphere there instead!
The city is filled with stunning old buildings, grand squares and gorgeous churches (definitely take a look inside them!). Why not head up to the basilica at San Luca (there’s a little express bus if you don’t feel like walking up the hill yourself) or – and you’ll have to be brave for this one – climb the narrow wooden steps to the top of the Asinelli and Garisenda Towers. They’re the tallest leaning towers in Italy, but the view is worth the steep climb. And you can always treat yourself to some pasta afterwards as a well-deserved reward. :)
You’ll be bound to fall for this city’s charm in no time! Just click the link below to book your Bologna city break!
- Bologna Getaway: 3 Nights in Central 4* Hotel incl. Breakfast & Flights only €143
- Travel period: 11/02/2017 – 14/02/2017
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Bologna
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Il Guercino
- Rating: 82/100 on Trivago
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €143 per person based on two adults sharing