With its wonderful architecture and iconic porticos, Bologna is one of the best Italian city breaks you can do. The city is a feast for the eyes and you’ve got some incredible food and cuisine to get stuck into!
Bologna City Break Deal
I put together this break using Hotels.com and Skyscanner. You’ll have three nights to explore this busy but beautiful city, and as well as your return flights you’ve got your 3 nights at the Mercure Bologna Centro included too. It puts you in a fab location right next to the main station, and with free breakfast each morning you’re getting each day off to the perfect start!
The focal point of Bologna’s medieval core is Piazza Maggiore, where you’ll also find the Basilica of San Petronio as well as the Palazzo Comunale. If you have a head for heights, then you could even brave climbing up the Towers of Bologna. These medieval structures offer panoramic views of the city, but in order to get to the top you’ve got a lot of steps to climb! Just warning you. ;)
The city’s also a great choice for foodies too. With excellent meats and cheeses produced in the local region, pretty much every meal will be an absolute feast for the senses! And the best bit is that it won’t cost you the world to eat out here too. I recommend taking a look to see if restaurants provide a set menu as you’ll often get wine and refreshments included too.
To book, simply click the link below to book your hotel and flights separately. If the dates don’t suit, then you can change the dates yourself though prices will be subject to change. :)
- Bologna City Break Deal: 3 Nights in Central Hotel incl. Breakfast & Return Flights only €192
- Travel period: 13/01/2018 – 16/01/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Bologna
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Mercure Bologna Centro
- Rating: 4/5 on Hotels.com
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €192 per person based on two adults sharing