Italy consistently ranks in the list of the most popular holiday destinations for Irish people and it’s not hard to see why! Good food, friendly people and beautiful art combine to make a romantic experience for any tourist. While most people go to the big-name spots there’s a lot to be discovered in the smaller towns and cities. I you want a more authentic experience, I found a great deal for a Bologna City Break using Trivago and my Flight Finder tool!
Bologna City Break
You’ll be right at the heart of the city with this deal. The Albergo Panorama Hotel is modest, but you can’t beat its location. This highly-recommneded hotel is a five minute walk from Piazza Maggiore and landmarks such as the Two Towers, the Fountain of Neptune. Previous guests loved this hotel’s location, cleanliness and wonderful staff. It’s a total bargain!
While many holiday goers might skip Bologna in favour of Florence, Rome and Venice, this is one city that should be on everyone’s list. Bologna is known for its food exports such as Parmigiano-Reggiano, Modena balsamic vinegar and prosciutto. This city is a real treat for the eyes: its main plaza is lined with medieval buildings, fantastic cafes and restaurants and the world’s oldest university. You’d be wise to check out the city’s tallest tower, Asinelli Tower, for a stunning view of the city. You should also pay a visit to the Basilica of San Petronio and Piazza Nettuno or grab a bite to eat in one of the open-air markets.
- Bologna City Break: 4 nights in Well Rated Central Hotel Incl. Flights just €250pp
- Travel period: 19/09/2018 – 23/09/2018
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Destination airport: Bologna BLQ
- Airline: Aer Lingus
- Hotel: Panorama Hotel
- Score: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor and a Certificate of Excellence
- Location: ca. Miles from city centre
- Meals: Self catering
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price: Only €250 per person based on two adults sharing