The island of Madeira is seriously breathtaking. Incredible mountains covered in the lushest of forests rise up from the Atlantic Ocean, and beautiful villages overlook misty valleys and rugged coastlines. One seriously fantastic adventure awaits!
Beautiful Madeira Getaway
With this fantastic Madeira deal you’ll be staying right in the heart of the beautiful Serra de Agua. You’ll feel like you’ve wondered into a set from Jurassic Park when you see the way the mist rolls in from the mountain tops and the forest completely surrounds you!
I’ve put together a fantastic deal using Hotels.com and Skyscanner, so that means you’ve got return flights (with a stopover in London) as well as 8 nights at the Dorisol Pousada Dos Vinhaticos. This lovely 3* hotel is in a secluded location high up in a steep valley, so you’ve got tons of hikes right at your doorstep. Plus you’ve got breakfast included just to sweeten the deal even more!
The island capital of Funchal is just a short drive away – it’s filled with lovely, typically Portuguese architecture and you’ll find some fantastic restaurants as well as beautiful fado music. You should definitely hike along some of the traditional levadas (water irrigation channels) as they’ll lead you through lush forests and even past waterfalls! One of my favourite things to do is to head to Ponta de São Lourenço. Really remote, but the views of the volcanic cliffs are truly breathtaking – the colours are incredible!
To book, simply click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately. If the dates don’t suit, you can still amend them yourself over at the providers’ websites but just be aware that prices will be subject to change. :)
- Beautiful Madeira Getaway: 8 Nights in a Great 3* Hotel in a Stunning Location incl. Breakfast & Return Flights only €474
- Travel period: 27/02/2018 – 07/03/2018
- Length of stay: 8 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Funchal
- Airline: Aer Lingus + British Airways
- Hotel: Dorisol Pousada Dos Vinhaticos
- Rating: 4/5 on Tripadvisor
- Location: Ribeira Brava
- Board basis: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €474 per person based on two adults sharing