Avoid getting caught out in the present rush this year with this Basel Christmas market break! You’ll be able to pick up wonderful presents for the family and see a gorgeous city at the same time with this deal I found on Airbnb & my Flight Finder tool. Read on to find out more!
Basel Christmas Market Break
This Airbnb includes a private room on the ground floor of a quiet apartment building. The host has perfect reviews so far and its normal that when staying overnight in Swiss cities to receive a 24hr free public transport card. The same goes for Airbnb guests and the host will provide this for you. I think that’s dead handy because the nearest tram stop is just 5 minutes away and then it’s just a short journey into the old town. Otherwise, you can take a scenic 30-minute walk by the Rhine to reach all the action. This is definitely great value for money compared to most of the citie’s hotels.
At the crossroads of Europe
This is definitely a unique city because you could walk into France, Germany, and Switzerland all in one day if you wished. The people here are mostly German-speaking but English is incredibly common so you’ll fit right in. I’d really recommend checking out the huge Christmas Market that gets erected in the Old Town every year. You’ll have the gorgeous river Rhine on one side, Christmas huts selling their foods and wares and just feel a really festive atmosphere. Perfect for loading up on unique presents you won’t really find at home. The mulled wine here is also delicious, don’t drink it too fast though because its surprisingly strong stuff ;)
Click the links below to book your city break and have a pleasant stay!
- Basel Christmas Market Break: 2 Nights In Gorgeous Swiss City this November with Flights only €100
- Provider: Airbnb & my Flight Finder tool
- Travel period: 26/11/2018 – 28/11/2018
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Destination airport: Basel
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Airbnb
- Score: 5/5 out of 23 reviews
- Location: ca. Miles from city centre
- Meals: Not Included
- Airport transfer: Not Included
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €100 per person based on two adults sharing