Romania is sometimes overlooked but it really shouldn’t be! There are a plethora of attractions to see such as Transylvania, 17th-century architecture, glorious gardens, thriving nightlife and a gargantuan Palace of Parliament you have to see to believe! So, if you’re curious about exploring this Eastern European capital, then book this deal with Trivago and my Flight Finder.
Bargain Bucharest Holiday
You will be staying at The Omega House Hotel, which is a short walk from the Old town and is a favourite amongst couples due to its peaceful atmosphere. The hotel boasts a lovely garden ideal for reading a great book or if you fancy a drink to start the night off, you have a quirky bar onsite. If you want to keep it local, be sure to visit cosy Romanian tavernas that offer sumptuous grilled meat and amazing vegetable dishes!
With this trip, I would strongly recommend renting a car (I’ve provided a guide below to help) as you have a week to explore, there are great sights dotted all around the country for example – magical Bran Castle is a 3-hour drive from your hotel but is well worth a visit! After all, here you may find Dracula waiting for you ;)
By car, you can reach Transylvania and explore some of Europe’s best-preserved medieval towns, most notably Brasov, featuring Old Saxon architecture and citadel ruins; Sibiu with its cobblestone streets and pastel-coloured houses, and Sighisoara, adorned with a hilltop citadel, secret passageways and a 14th-century clock tower.
To set off on your Romanian adventure, just click any of the links to book :)
- Bargain Bucharest Holiday: 5 Nights in Well-Rated Hotel & Return Flights from Dublin, just €142
- Provider: Trivago & Flight Finder
- Travel period: 28/11/2018 – 03/12/2018
- Length of stay: 5 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Destination airport: Bucharest
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Omega House
- Score: 3.5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: 2km from city centre
- Meals: room only
- Airport transfer: not included
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €142 per person based on two adults sharing