Say CHEEEESE! Yup, this deal put a big smile on my face since I’m a cheese-fanatic. You might not know this but only a stone’s throw from Amsterdam the lovely city of Alkmaar hosts the famous cheese market every week and I am sending you right there with this great deal from Expedia.
Visit Alkmaar’s Cheese Market
From Dublin fly to Amsterdam Schiphol from where it’s only just under an hour’s train ride to get to Alkmaar. A picturesque old town just north of Amsterdam bordered from one side by the North Sea and from the other by the Markermeer. It’s the Netherlands. You’re always surrounded by water… but with this deal you are also surrounded by cheese! Alkmaar is famous for cheese and hosts a weekly cheese market in its square Waagplein of the Old Town. I have made sure that your stay is over a Friday, because the cheese market is on every Friday morning from 10am to 3pm. If you prefer to fly in July and August you can look into flying over during the week, that’s when they have evening cheese markets as well. The market has an old tradition and dates back to the 16th century. But you will not only be able to taste and bring home delicious cheese, the market is surrounded by an arts and craft market so you can get the full city break experience.
Your accommodation is the lovely 4* Amrath Hotel Alkmaar with excellent reviews located in the city centre. All you have to do know is snap up that Alkmaar Cheese Market Deal!
- Visit Alkmaar’s Cheese Market: 2 Nights incl. 4-Star Hotel & Flights for only €139
- Provider: Expedia
- Example travel period: 09/05/2019 – 11/05/2019
- Length of stay: 2 night
- Departure airport: Dublin or Cork
- Destination airport: Amsterdam
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Amrâth Hotel Alkmaar
- Score: 8.9/10
- Location: Alkmaar
- Meals: not ioncluded
- Airport transfer: not included
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price: only €139 per person based on two adults sharing