Summer Holiday in Aveyron
3 Nights in Central 3* Hotel in Rodez incl. Return Flights
Home to some of France’s most beautiful and idyllic villages, the département of Aveyron is an absolute delight to explore. Fall in love with this gorgeous corner of the country and be prepared to be blown away by the sheer cuteness!
Example departure dates:
- 14/06/2019 – 17/06/2019 – €142
- 21/06/2019 – 24/06/2019 – €153
- 08/07/2019 – 12/07/2019 – €205
- 12/07/2019 – 15/07/2019 – €199
- 19/08/2019 – 23/08/2019 – €221
- 23/08/2019 – 26/08/2019 – €196
I’ve put together a 3 – 4 break in the delightful town of Rodez, where you’ll find gorgeous cobbled streets lined with houses made from pink limestone and plenty of traditional markets. Rodez is the ideal base for exploring Aveyron, but I really recommend hiring a car to get around as it’s quite a rural area and public transport leaves a lot to be desired! Definitely spend a day getting a feel for a city, then spend the rest of your trip cruising around the lush valleys and medieval villages. The ibis Centre Rodez is right in the heart of the city just a stone’s throw away from the cathedral.
Conques is a must. Widely considered by the French as one of the most beautiful villages in the country, Conques has long been a port of call for pilgrims walking along the Camino de Santiago and walking through its winding streets will transport you to another time and place. Also well worth the effort are Estaing, Espalion and Belcastel, all of which enjoy idyllic locations next to the river.
To book your romantic escape to France, simply click on the links above to book your hotel and flights over at the provider’s website.
- Summer Weekend in Aveyron: 3 Nights in Central 3* Hotel in Rodez incl. Return Flights from just €142
- Provider: Trivago + Flight Finder
- Length of stay: 3 – 4 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin
- Destination airport: Rodez
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: ibis Rodez Centre
- Score: 7.8/10 on Trivago
- Location: Rodez, France
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price: from only €142 per person based on two adults sharing