Forget what you’ve heard about Transylvania – its more than tales of bloodthirsty vampires and witches! Romanian’s largest region is epic. You’ll find hilltop castles, bears and centuries-old pastel buildings. I found this beautiful Transylvania break on Expedia.
Beautiful Transylvania Break
During your four-night stay in Cluj-Napoca, you will be sleeping at the ApartHotel Gutinului. This Old Town property has fantastic reviews from past guests. You’ll get a studio apartment close to landmarks in the city such as Babes-Bolyai University and Unirii Square. I recommend hiring a car to explore the region!
Medieval, mountainous Transylvania is the perfect destination for an epic escape to Eastern Europe. Though officially a part of Romania, this region was for many years Hungarian and today you’ll see plenty of different influences if you know how to look. Cluj-Napoca and Cluj County have plenty of great sights like its historical centre, the Botanical Garden, Turda salt mine and Vadu Crisului cave. Drive to cities like the pastel-coloured Sighişoara to see its medieval German architecture. Closer to Cluj, Head to Bistrița-Năsăud for its lakes.
There are almost too many things to list! Book your first taste of Transylvania by following the link below.
- Beautiful Transylvania Break: 4 Nights in Central Apartment in Cluj-Napoca Incl. Flights just €183
- Provider: Expedia
- Travel period: 13/03/2019 – 17/03/2019
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin Airport
- Destination airport: Cluj-Napoca CLJ
- Airline: BlueAir
- Hotel: ApartHotel Gutinului
- Score: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Old Town, Cluj Napoca, Romania
- Meals: Self-catering basis
- Travel insurance: Get it here
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only €183 per person based on two adults sharing