Now here’s something a little different for you! Perhaps you’ve made it your New Year’s resolution to go on more adventures. And what greater adventure could there be than exploring South Africa’s legendary Kruger National Park! Spanning an incredible area of almost 19,500km², the park is almost unparalleled in terms of size, beauty and natural diversity. You’ll find an incredible wealth of biodiversity – and all of Africa’s Big Five can be found here!
Flights to South Africa
Nelspruit Airport is the considered to be the gateway to the national park, since it’s only an hour’s drive to the south-western boundaries of the nature reserve. The town of Nelspruit itself offers the perfect balance between proximity to the park and accommodation options, though you can always head further north to explore more of the national park and other protected areas such as the Blyde River Canyon.
I spotted this offer over at Momondo – the return flights depart from Dublin and come with two stopovers, one in London Heathrow and the other in Johannesburg. I could only find one date for these flights unfortunately but you’re more than welcome to play around with them yourself in case you want to travel later on in the year!
To book these flights, simply click the link below to be taken to Monondo’s website. There you’ll be able to see more information about the flights and also adjust dates and the number of people travelling.
- Flights to South Africa: Return Flights from Dublin to Nelspruit (Kruger National Park) only €518pp!
- Travel period: 02/03/2018 – 19/03/2018
- Length of stay: 17 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Nelspruit (Kruger Mpumalanga)
- Airline: British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, South African Airways
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Rental car: Check prices here
- Price: only €518 per person based on two adults sharing