There’s nowhere else in the world quite like this city on water, which means that a Venice city break will always be something special!
Cheap Venice City Break
I’ve done a little forward planning on Trivago and Skyscanner and put together a fantastic 4-night city break! You’ll get return flights from Dublin to Venice Treviso – all you have to do once you’re there is catch a train, cross the lagoon and step into this magical little world!
With the twisting canals, historic townhouses and narrow side-streets it’s an incredible place to be. The B&B Locanda Ss Giovanni e Paolo is right in the centre of the action, just around the corner from the Giovanni e Paolo Cathedral and just a short walk away from the Grand Canal. The B&B itself is in a very historic building, but the interiors have been renovated to give it a chic look.
Whatever you do, definitely go on a gondola ride and see the city from a different angle. There are also plenty of landmarks too such as the Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Square. But if the crowds start to get a little too much then don’t worry – there’s plenty of neighbourhoods that are much more laid-back and relaxed. My favourite is Canneregio – if you come here by watertaxi you’ll find plenty of restaurants next to the docks and it’s also a great place to catch a ferry to the beautiful island of Murano.
I don’t think you could ever get bored here – even just wandering down the side streets and discovering picture-perfect settings is magical in itself!
- Venice City Break: 4 Nights in Central B&B incl. Breakfast & Flights only €143
- Travel period: 30/01/2017 – 03/02/2017
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Airport of departure: Dublin
- Destination: Venice Treviso
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: B&B Locanda Ss Giovanni e Paolo
- Rating: 87/100 on Trivago
- Location: Central
- Board basis: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Check transport options here
- Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Get one here
- Travel Insurance: Get it here
- Price: only €143 per person based on two adults sharing